Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Jewelry for a Cause

Jewelry making is not something I had thought about doing when I moved to the US to be with my husband. Coming from another country and adjusting in a new environment is pretty challenging. During those adjustment years I have grown to love jewelry making. Not only does it keep me busy but it also allowed me to express my creativity.



When Lannie's Design started, it was to be able to help my mom, who was suffering from breast cancer. She is is no longer with us since November 2016. We dearly miss her but Lannie's Design won't stop there. It stated with a goal to help and we wish to continue the legacy.


Like what I have put on each of our listings on etsy:
Lannie's Design exist to help fund our annual medical missions trip to the Philippines, along with other volunteers of Medmission2000, Inc, a non-profit organization. Each year we go to different impoverished areas and work with local churches & volunteers to be able to help them in a tangible way by giving them free medical, dental, pediatrics and minor surgery services that most people from there can not afford. Aside from that we also do feeding programs to select areas. With every purchase of our jewelries, you are partnering with us because 60% of it benefits the cause.
Each missions trip has blessed us a lot! We are very grateful that we can use the jewelries we make to be able to raise fund so we can go each year.

Every now and then, I come a cross customers who believe in the same cause as we do and it encourages me greatly. It is always good to know that we are not alone in this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment