Friday, August 25, 2017

Goodbye August!

August is my birth month and I am very grateful to be able celebrate my 34th birthday this year. It's a good time to reflect on the goodness of God in my life. It is also the month I started learning how to make jewelries back in 2013, which has been so instrumental for us to be able to help my mom, who back then was still alive and fighting cancer. Even though she isn't here anymore to give me her birthday wishes, I know she is very happy to be with her heavenly Father.



Last July, I went through a pretty rough trial regarding my health issue to the point that I had to close my online shop because it has really taken a toll of me. I didn't want to go through the same thing again so I decided to make a change in my diet. I have been so lazy making healthier meals and I know I have forgotten to take good care of my own body. I know it is not right but I have chosen the comfort of making easy meals but when I started suffering from inflammations and rashes all over my body, it's time to make a change. So this August, I started my journey to healthier diet, which means, I have to give up my favorite rice, noodles, coffee, legumes and all other things. For Asians like me, rice is a staple and not eating it for a month sounds challenging but it is doable. Even though I have to give up some of my favorite for health sake I want to say it is worth doing this. Without giving too much details, I have to say that I've seen some improvements in my body already. So one of the reasons, saying goodbye to August is pretty exciting to me is because after this, I will be able to drink coffee already. Who know I will miss coffee more than rice? LOL

And oh! Speaking of something exciting, we at Lannie's Design have been busy working on beautiful jewelries this month to get really for the fall and jewelry party season. I can't wait for you to see all of them.

In the mean time, here is a little treat for you to enjoy. We are offering 25% discount when you buy 3 or more items from lanniesdesign.etsy.com.
lanniesdesign.etsy.com

What is your favorite food or ingredients that you had to give up for the sake of your health? Feel free to share in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment